The date is contained in the bid document for the selection process and criteria which is published on the NCC's website.
The plan by the NCC to deploy affordable and pervasive broadband services across
In the notice of invitation to interested bidders, Executive Vice Chairman of NCC, Dr.
Juwah explained that the Open Access Model adopted by the Commission "has been examined and considered as a strategic means for the deployment of optic fibre backbone transmission infrastructure network in
He also explained that it is envisaged to address the challenges of fibre deployment in towns and cities, promote infrastructure sharing, reduce Right of Way issues and transform the beneficiary states to smart states, among others.
Juwah also informed that competent companies, consortium of which at least one of the consortium members must be a Nigerian registered company or firms including those who had earlier expressed interest are invited to submit tender for consideration.
Juwah had recently told the Senate Committee about the planned commencement of the full scale implementation of the broadband expansion programme after full consultations with the industry and the international community, including the
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges