"NSF's toolkit offers a range of information about the vital work of the Foundation in a compelling way using modern communications methods," said
Part of the toolkit package is an animated, NSF-produced video (http://www.nsf.gov/news/mmg/mmg_disp.jsp?med_id=76467) describing the agency's rigorous merit review process. The agency also developed infographics called, "Data by Design: Snapshot of NSF's Programs, Processes, Funding & Impact." These colorful charts showcase the Foundation's role in building tomorrow's workforce, driving innovation, influencing national and international discoveries, and facilitating interdisciplinary collaborations.
In addition, NSF developed brochures that highlight each directorate's contributions to pushing the frontiers of science, engineering and education. These contributions include the fundamental research that led to self-driving cars, the artificial retina, modeling seismic waves, accuracy of GPS devices, real-time emergency information to emergency workers and residents, unraveling cancer, rescue robots, building a diverse STEM workforce, and more.
For more than 60 years, NSF has supported fundamental researchers who devote time, inspiration and hard work to unraveling mysteries, solving problems, spurring the economy and offering insights into our world. NSF's research directorates include biological sciences, computer and information sciences, education and human resources, engineering, geosciences, mathematical and physical sciences, and social, behavioral and economic sciences.
TNS 30BautistaJude 140621-4774170 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause