The 30-issue Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 25.62 points, or 0.15 percent, to end at 16,947.08, edging above the record 16,945.92 set on
Stocks drew buying as investors concluded from the Fed's policy meeting earlier this week that the U.S. central bank would not move soon to increase interest rates and that the economy would stay on a steady recovery path, a market source said.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia