According to sources, the software maker had signed on the CTIA's Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Commitment in April and is planning to release a software update to the Find My Phone feature of Windows Phone 8.1 ahead of the CTIA's goal of
The new feature will allow the user to wipe and lock devices from being used without logging into a Microsoft account, known widely as an activation lock.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico