ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill., June 19 -- The Information Systems Audit and Control Association issued the following news release:
ISACA, a global IT association with 115,000 constituents in 180 countries, announced the winners of its global awards for outstanding contributions and achievements in the information systems profession.
"ISACA is fortunate to have exceptional members who bring a great amount of knowledge and value to the organization," said Tony Hayes, CGEIT, AFCHSE, CHE, FACS, FCPA, FIIA, immediate past international president of ISACA. "These award winners have truly demonstrated excellence and made lasting contributions to ISACA as well as the industry."
The ISACA 2013-14 award winners are:
* Nageswaran Kumaresan, CISA, CRISC CIA, CGMA, Ph.D., lead auditor at General Motors, UK, who earned the Michael Cangemi Best Book/Article Award for his ISACA Journal article, "Key Considerations in Protecting Sensitive Data Leakage Using Data Loss Prevention Tools." This award recognizes individuals for major contributions in the field of IS audit, control and/or security publishing.
* Ken Vander Wal, CISA, CPA, retired national partner in the Technology and Security Risk Services (TSRS) practice of Ernst & Young, USA, who received the Eugene M. Frank Award for Meritorious Performance. This award recognizes individuals for outstanding contributions to ISACA/ITGI.
* Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the U.S. House of Representatives, USA, who earned the John Kuyers Best Speaker/Conference Contributor Award. This award recognizes individuals for major contributions in the development of ISACA global conference(s) and/or outstanding speaking achievements.
* Masatoshi Kajimoto, CISA, CRISC, independent consultant for BPR, HRM, IT governance and IT-related risk management, Japan, who received the Harold Weiss Award for Outstanding Achievement. This award recognizes individuals for dedication to the IT governance profession.
* Jo Stewart-Rattray, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, FACS CP, director of information security and IT assurance at BRM Holdich, Australia, who was recognized with the Paul Williams Award for Inspirational Leadership. This award is given to an ISACA volunteer to recognize strategic leadership accomplishments on ISACA's behalf.
* Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies, USA, who earned the John Lainhart Common Body of Knowledge Award. This award recognizes individuals for major contributions to the development and enhancement of the common body of knowledge used by the constituencies of the association in the field of IS audit, security and/or control, IS audit certification and/or IS audit standards.
Stroud was also installed as ISACA's international president at the Annual Meeting of the Membership on 13 June. For a full list of ISACA's 2014-2015 board members, visit www.isaca.org/board.
[Category: Computer Technology]
TNS 24HariCha-140620-30FurigayJane-4773585 30FurigayJane