An IMF staff mission led by Ms.
"Staff had productive discussions with members of the new government. We welcomed the government's early economic policy intentions, including its commitment to a pro-growth reform agenda and to stronger public finances. We agreed that a clear strategy and strong policy implementation, including preserving social spending for the most vulnerable, would lay the basis for fiscally, financially, and socially sustainable growth in
"Staff stressed the urgency of taking quick action to advance the growth and fiscal-tightening agendas, specifically in the 2015 budget preparation and the "Plan Quinquenal." We look forward to having further discussions with the authorities in the context of the Article IV consultation, planned later this year."
TNS 30BautistaJude 140620-4773472 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review