An absence of major US economic data is likely to contribute to a lackluster performance on
Traders may look ahead to the release of a slew of economic data next week, including reports on new and existing home sales, durable goods orders, and personal income and spending.
The personal income and spending includes a reading on inflation that is favored by the Federal Reserve and is likely to be in focus in light of recent reports showing notable price growth.
Despite the recent indications of rising prices, the Fed said inflation has been running below the monetary policy committee's longer-run objective.
In her post-meeting press conference on Wednesday, Fed Chair
Due to the lack of economic data on the day, traders are likely to keep an eye on any major developments regarding the situation in
On Thursday, President
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers
- Garcia Takes a Long Shot at McCarthy