An absence of major US economic data is likely to contribute to a lackluster performance on
Traders may look ahead to the release of a slew of economic data next week, including reports on new and existing home sales, durable goods orders, and personal income and spending.
The personal income and spending includes a reading on inflation that is favored by the Federal Reserve and is likely to be in focus in light of recent reports showing notable price growth.
Despite the recent indications of rising prices, the Fed said inflation has been running below the monetary policy committee's longer-run objective.
In her post-meeting press conference on Wednesday, Fed Chair
Due to the lack of economic data on the day, traders are likely to keep an eye on any major developments regarding the situation in
On Thursday, President
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment