On the occasion of his official visit to Tirana, the Vice President of the
The project consists of the realization of a 29 kilometers motorway bypassing the city on the southern coast of the country and reflects the Government's priority to develop a sustainable transport system in the area. The new infrastructure will also have the capacity to support tourism, stimulate private sector, facilitate trade, promote regional and national growth as well as contribute to economic and social cohesion.
The bypass is expected to save time to commuters, reduce accidents and local pollution costs in the surroundings of the city of Vlora while providing an alternative route for traffic towards Tirana.
"Infrastructures are essential to the modernisation process of
Minister of Finance Cani added "The signing of the financing
The EIB loan represents 35% of the total cost of the project; the balance will be provided by the
TNS 30FurigayJane-140621-4774672 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges