Traders were keeping an eye on escalating violence in
Some attention was paid to data showing that the
The buck was holding at
Dovish remarks from Federal Reserve Chairman
Yellen said it will be a "considerable time" before the Fed raises its benchmark interest rate.
Although the Fed's bond-buying program remains on pace to end this autumn, policy makers are still concerned about the pace of the US recovery.
The dollar was steady at
A stubborn trading range has also left the dollar near
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground