This achievement awards program is considered to be the highest form of recognition in governmental accounting and financial reporting. The County's annual financial report was judged by a panel of impartial government finance experts who concluded that the report meets the highest professional standards and demonstrates "a constructive spirit of full disclosure to clearly communicate its financial story and motivate users and user groups to read the CAFR."
"Our team of budget and finance professionals are absolutely the best," said County Executive
The awards program was established in 1945 by the GFOA to encourage and assist state and local governments to go beyond the minimum requirements of generally accepted accounting principles to prepare comprehensive annual financial reports that demonstrate the spirit of transparency and full disclosure.
The GFOA is a nonprofit professional association that serves approximately 17,500 government finance professionals in
CC AutoTriage9as-140620-30FurigayJane-4773249 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.