Crude for August delivery rose
Consumer price inflation is expected to have advanced 2.1% over year in May, from 2.0% last month. Economists forecast the CPI to increase 0.3% on month, versus 0.2% in April.
The retail sales are seen rising to 0.6% in April on a monthly basis, reversing from last month's 0.1% fall. Excluding autos, the sales may improve to 0.4% from 0.1% a month earlier.
The loonie spiked up to 94.34 against the yen, its strongest since
Speaking at annual meeting of the
The loonie advanced to a 3-day high of 1.4696 against the euro and a 2-day high of 1.0159 against the aussie, compared to yesterday's closing values of 1.4717 and 1.0163, respectively. If the loonie extends advance, it is likely to find resistance around 1.46 against the euro and 1.00 against the aussie.
Even though the loonie reversed from early high of 1.0812 against the greenback, it rose back and was trading steady at 1.0819.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?