Crude for August delivery rose
Consumer price inflation is expected to have advanced 2.1% over year in May, from 2.0% last month. Economists forecast the CPI to increase 0.3% on month, versus 0.2% in April.
The retail sales are seen rising to 0.6% in April on a monthly basis, reversing from last month's 0.1% fall. Excluding autos, the sales may improve to 0.4% from 0.1% a month earlier.
The loonie spiked up to 94.34 against the yen, its strongest since
Speaking at annual meeting of the
The loonie advanced to a 3-day high of 1.4696 against the euro and a 2-day high of 1.0159 against the aussie, compared to yesterday's closing values of 1.4717 and 1.0163, respectively. If the loonie extends advance, it is likely to find resistance around 1.46 against the euro and 1.00 against the aussie.
Even though the loonie reversed from early high of 1.0812 against the greenback, it rose back and was trading steady at 1.0819.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya