CFR Part: "17 CFR Part 232"
Citation: "79 FR 35280"
Document Number: "Release Nos. 33-9600; 34-72394; 39-2497; IC-31081"
"Rules and Regulations"
EFFECTIVE DATE: Effective Date:
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: In the
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: We are adopting an updated EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume I, Volume II, and Volume III. The Filer Manual describes the technical formatting requirements for the preparation and submission of electronic filings through the EDGAR system. /1/ It also describes the requirements for filing using EDGARLink Online and the Online Forms/XML Web site.
FOOTNOTE 1 We originally adopted the Filer Manual on
The revisions to the Filer Manual reflect changes within Volume I entitled EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume I: "General Information," Version 17 (
The Filer Manual contains all the technical specifications for filers to submit filings using the EDGAR system. Filers must comply with the applicable provisions of the Filer Manual in order to assure the timely acceptance and processing of filings made in electronic format. /2/ Filers may consult the Filer Manual in conjunction with our rules governing mandated electronic filing when preparing documents for electronic submission. /3/
FOOTNOTE 2 See Rule 301 of Regulation S-T (17 CFR 232.301). END FOOTNOTE
FOOTNOTE 3 See Release No. 33-9554 in which we implemented EDGAR Release 14.0. For additional history of Filer Manual rules, please see the cites therein. END FOOTNOTE
The EDGAR system will be upgraded to Release 14.1 on
Filings containing the EX-101 XBRL documents will be validated to ensure that:
* EX-101 exhibits do not contain custom elements with a fractionItemType declaration.
* EX-101 exhibits with numerical elements do not have a value and decimal attribute combination that would cause non-zero digits to be truncated to zero.
* EX-101 exhibits with non-numeric elements do not have label roles, such as "negated," "zero," and "positive" that imply they are numeric.
* EX-101 exhibits do not contain an element declaration for which xbrli:periodType is instant and its base type is non-numeric.
* EX-101.INS XBRL documents do not contain contexts that include the xbrli:forever context element.
The Public Validation Criteria validation [fs-0509-Start-And-End-Dates-Not-Distinct-Inconsistent-With-Document-Type] has been updated to allow individual context durations in EX-101.INS documents that are equal to or greater than 24 hours.
The ABS Asset Class value "Corporate Debt" for ABS-15G and ABS-15G/A submission form types will be changed to "
Unofficial PDF copies of COVER and CORRESP attachments to EDGARLink Online submissions will now be disseminated at the discretion of the
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) screens of the EDGAR Filing Web site and the EDGAR Filer Management Web site have been updated to include a new "EDGAR Quick Reference Guides" hyperlink. On clicking this hyperlink, filers are presented with a list of hyperlinks to the Quick Reference Guides in the lower pane of the window.
Section 2.1 of the "EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume III: N-SAR Supplement" has been revised to update the following N-SAR system requirements. (Note: The procedure for filing Form N-SAR, the Semi-Annual Report for Registered Investment Companies has not changed.)
* The N-SAR PC application (Version 6.1.a) is supported by 16-bit and 32-bit Windows-based Operating Systems.
* The references to modem and the Netscape browser have been deleted. The Internet browsers recommended for transmitting N-SAR submissions include Internet Explorer 7.0 through 8.0, and Firefox 17.0 or later.
Along with the adoption of the Filer Manual, we are amending Rule 301 of Regulation S-T to provide for the incorporation by reference into the Code of Federal Regulations of today's revisions. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the
You may obtain paper copies of the updated Filer Manual at the following address:
Since the Filer Manual and the corresponding rule changes relate solely to agency procedures or practice, publication for notice and comment is not required under the Administrative Procedure Act (APA). /4/ It follows that the requirements of the Regulatory Flexibility Act /5/ do not apply.
FOOTNOTE 4 5 U.S.C. 553(b). END FOOTNOTE
FOOTNOTE 5 5 U.S.C. 601-612. END FOOTNOTE
The effective date for the updated Filer Manual and the rule amendments is
FOOTNOTE 6 5 U.S.C. 553(d)(3). END FOOTNOTE
We are adopting the amendments to Regulation S-T under Sections 6, 7, 8, 10, and 19(a) of the Securities Act of 1933, /7/ Sections 3, 12, 13, 14, 15, 23, and 35A of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, /8/ Section 319 of the Trust Indenture Act of 1939, /9/ and Sections 8, 30, 31, and 38 of the Investment Company Act of 1940. /10/
FOOTNOTE 7 15 U.S.C. 77f, 77g, 77h, 77j, and 77s(a). END FOOTNOTE
FOOTNOTE 8 15 U.S.C. 78c, 78 l, 78m, 78n, 78o, 78w, and 78 ll. END FOOTNOTE
FOOTNOTE 9 15 U.S.C. 77sss. END FOOTNOTE
FOOTNOTE 10 15 U.S.C. 80a-8, 80a-29, 80a-30, and 80a-37. END FOOTNOTE
List of Subjects in 17 CFR Part 232
Incorporation by reference, Reporting and recordkeeping requirements, Securities.
Text of the Amendment
In accordance with the foregoing, Title 17, Chapter II of the Code of Federal Regulations is amended as follows:
PART 232--REGULATION S-T--GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR ELECTRONIC FILINGS
1. The authority citation for Part 232 continues to read in part as follows:
Authority: 15 U.S.C. 77f, 77g, 77h, 77j, 77s(a), 77z-3, 77sss(a), 78c(b), 78 l, 78m, 78n, 78o(d), 78w(a), 78 ll, 80a-6(c), 80a-8, 80a-29, 80a-30, 80a-37, and 7201 et seq.; and 18 U.S.C. 1350.
* * * * *
2. Section 232.301 is revised to read as follows:
Filers must prepare electronic filings in the manner prescribed by the EDGAR Filer Manual, promulgated by the Commission, which sets out the technical formatting requirements for electronic submissions. The requirements for becoming an EDGAR Filer and updating company data are set forth in the updated EDGAR Filer Manual, Volume I: "General Information," Version 17 (
By the Commission.
Kevin M. O'Neill,
[FR Doc. 2014-14417 Filed 6-19-14;
BILLING CODE 8011-01-P
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland