The Country Director of the
According to Madam Dobraja, the Bank strongly believes that striking a balance for electricity service provision between rural and urban areas is critical to ensuring inclusiveness for a more equal and just society that the Government of
The World Bank Country Manager's statement was contained in a speech delivered the Bank's Senior Operations Officer, Madam Coleen Littlejon, at the launch of the Lighting Lives in
The launch of the (LLL) project scale-up phase was held at the
"This solar project is part of the broader support provided by the
On the urban side, the Bank has supported the government's aggressive commitment to connect new customers in
"On the rural side, in 2009 the Bank supported the government in establishing
For his part, the Executive Director of RREA, Mr.
He disclosed that over 16,000 lighting products were imported and marketed during the pilot phase of the project.
He pointed out that the objectives of the scale-up phase is to create the commercial market for modern high quality solar lights, and to commercially market and sell about 100,000 solar lighting products
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records