A Zambian employee lost his life today in an accident at the stone crushing plant at the
The accident takes place amid rising safety concerns at the plant, where workers complain that the new management is failing to provide adequate investment in safety checks.
"We do not feel safe working here these days, as the new management has not hired qualified personnel to safely run the machines," said one employee, who declined to be named. "Today's loss of life could have been avoided - people are outraged."
Since taking over control of ZPC,
The ZPC employees say that Mahtani, whose ownership of ZPC is being challenged in the courts by the Ventriglia family, has failed to place a priority on safety at the company, leading to heightened risk for accidents and injuries at the cement plant.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant