Average daily volume for the month was down 14.43 percent with 15,030,011 contracts exchanged compared to last May's 17,564,921 contracts. For the year so far, average daily came in at 17,104,202 contracts, 1.58 percent more than the same period last year when 16,838,038 contracts were traded.
Equity options volume (options on individual stocks and ETPs) was 284,062,162 contracts, down 19.21 percent compared to last May when 351,610,399 contracts were exchanged. Average daily volume for equity options in May came in at 13,526,770 contracts, 15.36 percent less than last year's 15,982,291 contracts. Year-to-date equity options volume stood at 1,588,609,243 contracts, slightly up with a 0.02 percent increase compared to the 1,588,250,220 contracts traded at the same point last year.
OIC is an industry cooperative funded by all the U.S. options exchanges and OCC. OIC was formed in 1992 to educate investors and their financial advisors about the benefits and risks of exchange-traded equity options. OIC's resources include: Investor Services live help at 1-888-OPTIONS, its educational website at http://www.OptionsEducation.org, live seminars throughout the continental
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11907384.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures