KEEPING SCORE: Less than an hour before the opening bell, Dow Jones industrial average futures are up 20 points to 16,724. Standard & Poor's 500 index futures are up a point to 1,922 while Nasdaq 100 futures are up two points to 3,737.
The S&P 500 index, the widely used benchmark for mutual funds, closed at a record 1,923.57 on Friday.
A DEAL: The real-estate investment trust Ventas said it has reached a deal to buy
BONDS AND COMMODS: In the market for U.S. government bonds, the yield on the 10-year Treasury is 2.49 percent, up slightly from 2.48 percent late Friday but still near its low for the year, 2.44 percent. Crude oil inched up
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- House Votes to Sue Obama