The CSTD Director, Dr
CSTD is an activity centre under the
Its mandate is to build indigenous satellite and capacity development.
Onuh said that the focus of the conference would be on innovative small satellite programmes for developing nations.
According to him, the event aims at providing a forum for creating awareness about the socio-economic benefits of space technology, its products, services, developments and contributions to daily life.
"It also aims to serve as an interface to encourage and facilitate collaboration and partnership between the space sector and relevant private/public sectors as well as professionals," he said.
Onuh said the conference had the sub-themes, "Space Science and Application;
He said that the sub-theme, Space Science and Application would dwell on military, security and monitoring operations, energy and environment, Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System (GIS) among others.
He said Space System would dwell on earth observation satellites, communication satellites, navigation satellite, software, ground segment design and management as well as mission analysis, planning and design.
Onuh said that
He added that the focus of Aerospace Materials and Component Miniaturisation would be the testing, verification, evaluation and validating new technologies in simulated orbital environment and emerging technologies in semi-conductor devices. (NAN)
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries