Canadian provincial operator SaskTel has announced it will switch off its 3G CDMA2000 1xEV-DO mobile data network at the end of September this year, although it will continue to offer 2.5G 1x-based CDMA voice and data services for remaining compatible device users. SaskTel explained in a statement that it is repurposing 850MHz band spectrum from the EV-DO data network to add capacity to its 4G LTE network across its home province of
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years