No fewer than 100 women in Arewa Local Government Area in Kebbi have benefited from a soft loan offered by the local council to enhance their businesses.
The council Chairman,
"The 100 women received a soft loan of N10, 000 each to enable them boost their trades and achieve economic independence.
"The beneficiaries are expected to improve their trades especially those who specialise in skills like the operation of local restaurant, beans cake making and groundnut oil extraction," he said.
He said the beneficiaries were from 10 villages, and were expected to repay the loan within a year.
Tanko said the scheme would be extended to more women in due course.
NAN reports that the local council recently trained 120 unemployed youth on various skills like sewing, weaving, leather work, soap making and welding
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel