The proceeds from the Offering (if commenced) would allow the Fund to take advantage of new investment opportunities without having to reduce existing holdings. Increasing the assets of the Fund may also result in certain economies of scale which may lower the Fund’s fixed expenses as a percentage of average net assets. It is anticipated that the rights will be transferable and listed on an exchange which would allow non-subscribing shareholders the option of selling their rights on the exchange or through the transfer agent, generally at a low transaction cost.
Under the proposed Offering, each shareholder would receive one right for each share of common stock held on the record date. It is anticipated that at least three rights will be required to acquire one additional share of the Fund’s common stock. The subscription price will be determined at a later time and is expected to be below the Fund’s market price at that time. Shareholders of record on the record date for the Offering are expected to be entitled to oversubscribe, subject to certain limitations, for any shares not purchased pursuant to the primary subscription rights. The record date for the Offering and the length of the Offering period will also be announced at a later time.
Any common stock issued as a result of the Offering will not be record date shares for the Fund’s quarterly distribution to be paid on
Any Offering will be made only by means of a prospectus and this notice does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any of the Fund’s securities. The rights are expected to be transferable and the Fund intends to apply for a
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya