Miners rallied on hopes for increased demand for raw materials, as
The upbeat Chinese figures overshadowed some disappointing readings on euro zone manufacturing.
The German DAX inched up 0.07%, the
French banks continued to struggle, with
As a result, Orion upgraded its full-year 2014 outlook jumped 13% in
In economic news from the region, the German manufacturing expanded less than expected in May and at the weakest pace since last October, final data from Markit Economics showed.
Meanwhile, the French manufacturing sector deteriorated for the first time in three months in May largely due to a decline in new orders.
The recovery in the Eurozone manufacturing sector was slower than initially estimated in May, final data from Markit Economics showed.
The final seasonally adjusted Markit manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index fell to 52.2 from 53.4 in April. The flash estimate for May was 52.5.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges