Miners rallied on hopes for increased demand for raw materials, as
The upbeat Chinese figures overshadowed some disappointing readings on euro zone manufacturing.
The German DAX inched up 0.07%, the
French banks continued to struggle, with
As a result, Orion upgraded its full-year 2014 outlook jumped 13% in
In economic news from the region, the German manufacturing expanded less than expected in May and at the weakest pace since last October, final data from Markit Economics showed.
Meanwhile, the French manufacturing sector deteriorated for the first time in three months in May largely due to a decline in new orders.
The recovery in the Eurozone manufacturing sector was slower than initially estimated in May, final data from Markit Economics showed.
The final seasonally adjusted Markit manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index fell to 52.2 from 53.4 in April. The flash estimate for May was 52.5.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day