The coast of
The program will mark the beginning of new opportunities and a new way of life for the community it targets, helping to improve its economic growth, said Galileo SolÍs, IDB Project Team Leader.
The project, to be run in coordination with the
The program also calls for financing infrastructure works to expand economic development. This includes the construction of three dual-use marinas for fishing and tourism on the islands of Zacatillo and ConchagÜita, and in Punta ChiquirÍn. It also includes money for investment in common use infrastructure such as warehouses to improve the quality and safety of fishing and fish farm products. This will make it easier for products from the area to gain access to national and international supply chains, adding value and reducing product loss.
The investments will be complemented with financing of road projects such as the refurbishing of the CorsaÍn-Las Playitas highway; the widening of the road between the towns of
The loan will be over 25 years, with a grace period of 5.5 years and an interest rate based on LIBOR.The agencies executing the program are the
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border