She said there was double digit inflation when the present government took over, adding the economic team of the PML-N has successfully brought it down to single digit, which is a big achievement.
Talking to Radio Pakistan, she pointed out that immediately after assuming power, the government retired circular debt worth
Marvi said tax net has been expanded; there is 11% increase in remittances this year; exports have also increased reducing the trade deficit and foreign exchange reserves are likely to reach the target of
She said the economic management of the Government has been appreciated by the multilateral institutions.
To a question, she said Prime Minister
She said the PML(N) government considers youth assets of the country and that is why the Prime Minister has announced programmes worth
She said youth business loans and fee reimbursement programmes have already been launched while lap top distribution scheme is in the offing.
To another question, she said 60% of the population is living below poverty line and the Government is focusing on programmes to alleviate their sufferings.
She pointed out that allocations for Benazir Income Support Programme have been increased by
About the next budget,
She said the government has plans to add 21000 MW to the grid during the next few years.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground