However, the company also reported provisions for bad debts, a smaller order book, and said it won't pay a dividend due to its negative cash position.
The animation, gaming, live action, and entertainment production and distribution company reported a pretax profit of INR456 million in the 12 months to
The company's production revenue rose 3.0% to INR1.87 billion, while distribution revenue rose 10.1% to INR523 million.
However, its order book fell to INR5.63 billion by the end of the year, from INR6.59 billion a year earlier.
It also made a INR230 million provision for bad and doubtful debts, but managed to partially offset by cutting personnel costs by INR156 million, or 18%.
It said it won't pay a dividend for the year because its cash position was negative INR844 million on
"The board is reviewing the company's dividend policy and whilst it is not recommending a dividend at this time it will seek to pay dividends to shareholders as soon as financially and commercially viable," it said.
"The US surely has moved forward from subdued conditions while
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years