Chris Brown was released from a Los Angeles jail early Monday after serving 108 days behind bars for a probation violation.
The 25-year-old singer was sentenced to a year in prison on May 9 following an altercation last October in which he allegedly punched a man outside a hotel in Washington D.C.
Brown, who in still on probation for beating his then girlfriend Rihanna in 2009 admitted to having violated the terms of his probation and was sentenced to one year behind bars by Superior Court Judge James R. Brandlin last month. The singer, however, was given credit for good behavior, the 161 days he spent in rehab and previous jail time.
Hours after his release, the "Loyal" crooner took to Twitter to express his gratitude to God and to announce his next steps.
"Humbled and Blessed," he wrote. "Back to the Music and the Fans."
He later added, "Thank you GOD."
Brown will soon face an assault trial regarding last October's altercation.
Original headline: Chris Brown is released from prison after three months behind bars
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant