The loonie slipped 0.15 of a cent to
Economists will look to see if the central bank continues to flag concerns about low inflation being the No.1 concern since inflation has been heading higher recently.
Canadian job figures for May come out Friday and economists expect about 21,000 jobs were created after the economy shed 29,000 the previous month.
Meanwhile, copper prices got a lift from strong Chinese manufacturing data.
The July copper contract was up
Elsewhere on the commodity markets, July crude in
July bullion headed
It is widely expected that
It's also a busy week for economic reports in the U.S.
On Monday, traders will take in the latest reading on the health of the American manufacturing sector. Economists expect the
Economists also forecast another month of strong job gains in the U.S. They expect the government's non-farm payrolls report coming out Friday will show that the American economy cranked out about 219,000 jobs following a much stronger expected 288,000 gain in April.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women