Apple will unveil the latest iPhone and iPad software later at its flagship
Each update of its iOS operating system usually brings with it design changes as well as new software and features.
A new iteration of Apple OS X desktop operating system is also expected to be announced, complete with a design overhaul to bring it in line with the current clean iOS look.
A new iPhone or iPad model is unlikely to be revealed for a few months, but there are rumours that a smart watch may be announced.
Sky’s Technology Correspondent Tom Cheshire said: "WWDC traditionally is a software showcase – but that can give clues to the hardware to be unveiled later in the year.
"Look out for health monitoring services that might just work with a future wristwatch, or a big pitch towards controlling items in your home with your iPhone – ahead of the smart home.
"And there could always be a surprise. iPads get announced in early Spring, iPhones in late summer. Could an ‘iWatch’ come in early Summer?"
There is some pressure on Apple chief executive
"The problem is we don’t know what that is. Apple’s last piece of brand new hardware was the iPad – in 2010."
Apple may also announce an update to its
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?