• Unlocked Acer Liquid smartphones are now available at retailers in
• Models support HSPA+ 850/1900 MHz plans from major wireless providers
• Acer Liquid S1 is ideal for on-the-go professionals and power users
• Acer Liquid Z5 is thin, light and perfect for fun and entertainment
• Award-winning Acer Liquid Z3 provides all the essentials for budget-minded consumers who want the basics in an attractive and durable platform
• Manufacturer's suggested retail prices start at
"We're excited to expand our global smartphone presence by delivering several of our new unlocked Liquid smartphone models to potential customers in
Liquid S1 – Big and Powerful for On the Go Professionals
The Acer Liquid S1 is well-suited for professionals who need a smartphone for keeping up on email, conducting videoconferences and reviewing presentations, spreadsheets and other office documents on the go. It touts a premium look and feel with a quality finish, aluminum side grips and Zero Air Gap technology that provides sharp images for easy reading.
The S1 boasts a large 5.7-inch TFT HD (1280 x 760) LCD display with 88-degree wide-angle for video conferencing with multiple associates. Outfitted with IEEE 802.11b/g/n and micro-USB, it can wirelessly display content for presentations to a bigger screen as well as send files to a printer. In addition, it offers 1GB RAM and fast HSPA+42Mbps, quad-core 1.5GHz HD streaming with 720p HD 30fps performance to support high-quality video and movies.
It also comes with an 8MP rear camera with flashlight LED, a 2MP front camera with f2.2 auto focus, a GPS and DTS Studio Sound™ for rich clear audio. The Liquid S1 enables up to 17 hours talk time in 2G and 11 hours in 3G.(1) It measures 6.4- x 3.2- x 0.4-inches and weighs .4 pounds and is available for a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $379
Liquid Z5 – Thin and Stylish
Beautifully packaged in a .3-inch thin profile with curved corners, the Liquid Z5 is light and comfortable to carry, while its ample 5-inch TFT LCD screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio provides substantial viewing area for games, social networking and videos.
Quality DTS™ tuned sound combined with unique audio mechanics provide clear, high-performance sound for music, games and chats. The 5MP camera with f2.4 auto focus and a flashlight LED captures sharp photos and is also outfitted with an IR filter and HDR support. AcerRAPID™ acts as a personal control key delivering even more one-hand control by allowing users to unlock and/or wake up the screen, launch the camera, take a picture, launch apps and pick up phone calls intuitively.
The Liquid Z5 is powered by a dual core 1.3GHz processor and is available in white and grey with a UV finish to prevent scratches. The battery provides 7.5 hours of talk time in 2G and 4.15 hours in 3G.(1) The device measures just 5.7- x 2.9 x 0.3-inches, weighs just .3 pounds and is available for a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $199
Liquid Z3 - All the Essentials for Basic Users
The Acer Liquid Z3 with a 3.5-inch HVGA (320 x 480) TFT LCD display is ideal for children, seniors and budget-minded customers looking for an easy to use and affordable smartphone for voice calls, text messaging and photos. Fun and fashionable, yet durable with a comfortable grip and a matte finish to prevent fingerprints, it earned a Good Design Award 2013.(2)
It's outfitted with a 3MP camera, powered by a dual core processor and provides fast HSPA+21Mbps connectivity. It also provides four different Quick Mode profiles targeted at different users and age groups. It provides up to 9 hours of talk time in 2G and 6 hours in 3G.(1) Compact, it measures just 4.3- x 2.4- x .4-inches, weighs 0.3 pounds and is available for a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $119
Availability and Pricing
These Acer Liquid smartphones come with Android Jelly Bean 2.2.2 and are available at retailers nationwide with manufacturer's suggested retail prices starting at
Acer systems are backed by professional, high-quality technical support and a one-year warranty. Acer's online community at community.acer.com provides customers discussion forums, answers to frequently asked questions and the opportunity to share ideas for new and enhanced services and products.
Established in 1976, Acer is a hardware + software + services company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's product offering includes PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets and smartphones -- tools our customers need to explore beyond limits and experience more. Acer employs 7,400 people and ranks No. 4 for total PCs globally.(3) Revenues for 2013 reached
1) Battery life varies depending on product specifications, settings and application or features launched. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
2) For more information on the Good Design Awards, see http://www.g-mark.org/?locale=en.
3) IDC 2013
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/05/prweb11893203.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth