An equipment maker for the wind and solar energy industries is seeking more time to recruit enough employees in order to avoid paying back a
Ingeteam invested around
The conditions of the city loan said the firm would not have to repay the money if it achieves job-creation goals including 275 full-time positions by 2015.
However, according to a new city proposal, due to "the continuing weakness of the economy," Ingeteam might fail to achieve those job targets "as early as originally contemplated."
Hence, Ingeteam has asked for 5 more years to achieve those job targets.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya