An equipment maker for the wind and solar energy industries is seeking more time to recruit enough employees in order to avoid paying back a
Ingeteam invested around
The conditions of the city loan said the firm would not have to repay the money if it achieves job-creation goals including 275 full-time positions by 2015.
However, according to a new city proposal, due to "the continuing weakness of the economy," Ingeteam might fail to achieve those job targets "as early as originally contemplated."
Hence, Ingeteam has asked for 5 more years to achieve those job targets.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down