Chappelle, who famously abandoned his acclaimed and lucrative Comedy Central show in 2005, has largely shunned the public eye since last year resuming his stand-up career. In his wide-ranging act Wednesday, Chappelle made up for lost time, catching up to a decade of racial and societal change, skipping from
The sold-out crowd howled when he said, "I'm just back out here earning enough money to disappear again."
The show was the first of nine scheduled for Chappelle at Radio City, easily the biggest platform in years for the 40-year-old comedian.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters