Our news editors obtained a quote from the research from
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "These six aquatic invertebrate species with characterized chitin and chitosan structures may be used as alternative chitin and chitosan sources for various technological purposes."
For more information on this research see: Extraction and Characterization of alpha-Chitin and Chitosan from Six Different Aquatic Invertebrates. Food Biophysics, 2014;9(2):145-157. Food Biophysics can be contacted at: Springer,
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks