The figure is
The 1984 Los Angeles Olympics produced a surplus of
The surplus is only from the
The organizing committee promised final results by the end of the year, by which time it expects to wind up its operations and be dissolved.
As well as government subsidies, the organizing committee also earned money from merchandizing, ticket sales and sponsorships, including from Russian state-owned companies.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)