In volatile trade, the Sensex washed out major part of previous day's gains on across-the-board selling and closed down about 275 points on Wednesday as rising crude prices due to worsening
The market got a jolt when the news of militant attack on
In energy trading, benchmark crude oil for July delivery added
Slowdown in foreign fund inflow and sharp rise in the rupee value to near 60.40 in mid-session deals also weighed on the domestic stock market sentiment.
Eleven out of the twelve BSE sectoral indices closed in the red logging losses between 0.72 per cent and 2.10 per cent. Realty, oil&gas, power, consumer durable, banking, auto and IT took the lead in the downslide while only healthcare index finished in the green.
The BSE 30-share indicator resumed better and moved in a narrow range till early mid-session. After falling sharply to a low of 25,114.30, it recovered some ground to end at 25,246.25, a net fall of 274.94 points or 1.08 per cent. It had shot up by 330.71 points or 1.31 per cent on Tuesday.
The 50-issue CNX Nifty of the NSE also slumped by 73.50 points, or 0.96 per cent, to end at 7,558.20. Jignesh Chaudhary,head of Research, Veracity Broking Services said: "There was concern over the impact of higher oil prices on inflation as
World stocks were muted on Wednesday as investors waited for an update on the US economy later tonight from the Federal Reserve following its two-day policy meeting where it is widely expected to cut monthly stimulus further by ?
Key benchmark indices in
Rupee falls to 7-week low
The rupee fell to a seven-week low on concern
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia