The company delivers water and wastewater services to 6 towns of Hunedoara county in the country. The loan will co-funded the company's RON599.3 million ( 132.7m) regional investment programme. The programme aims to expand and advance water supply and wastewater facilities and networks in the region, under
The funding will help to boost access to water and wastewater services for 180,000 inhabitants of the 6 towns including Brad, Calan, Deva, Hateg, Hunedoara and Simeria. Moreover, it will also enhance the quality of these services.
EBRD municipal and environmental infrastructure director
The funding will help to bring cleaner water and better wastewater services for residents as well as remove health hazards related with low-quality drinking water and poor sanitation. "Our financing will also help reduce water losses and will make the water company more efficient," Marquet further added.
Till now, the EBRD has allocated around 2 billion of EU funding in
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE