The news reporters obtained a quote from the research, "Polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) was synthesized using sol-gel method. The PVA/graphene hybrid nanofibers were produced by electrospinning technique with different concentrations (10%, 30%, 50%, 70%, and 90%). The characteristics of the prepared hybrid nanofibers were confirmed through SEM and TEM analyses."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The results showed an enhanced electrical conductivity of 10.7 x 10(-6) S cm(-1) for higher concentration of PVA/graphene hybrid nanofiber compared with 3.7 x 10(-12) S cm(-1) for pure PVA."
For more information on this research see: Electrical measurement of PVA/graphene nanofibers for transparent electrode applications. Synthetic Metals, 2014;191():113-119. Synthetic Metals can be contacted at: Elsevier Science Sa, PO Box 564, 1001 Lausanne,
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting K.J. Ramalingam, KS Rangasamy Coll Technol, Center Nanosci & Technol, Tiruchengode 637215,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports