Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "Experiments reveal that for small values of n, all epsilon-free NFAs with n + 1 states and with a minimum number of transitions for L(E-n) are exactly those obtained by our construction. Also, the produced epsilon-free NFA is asymptotically minimal, in the sense that the number of transitions is equivalent to n(log(2) n)(2) which corresponds in the same time to the upper and the lower bound."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "We conjecture that our construction is not only a reduction but a minimization for L(E-n)."
For more information on this research see: On the Transition Reduction Problem for Finite Automata. Fundamenta Informaticae, 2014;132(1):79-94. Fundamenta Informaticae can be contacted at:
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from M. Dahmoune, Normandie Univ, LITIS, EA 4108, Rouen,
Keywords for this news article include: Rouen,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare