The key policy rate will remain between 1% and 2% till the publication of next monetary policy report on
"A further weakening of the outlook for the Norwegian economy may warrant a reduction in the key policy rate," central bank Governor Oeystein Olsen said in accompanying statement.
The Norwegian krone slipped to near a 2-month low of 8.3237 against the greenback and traded sideways thereafter. On the downside, 8.35 is seen as next possible support for the krone. At yesterday's close, the pair was quoted at 8.1694.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia