Our news editors obtained a quote from the research, "In reviewing three cases in which their system was applied, they highlight that the inclusion of Future-oriented Technology Analysis (FTA) would have prevented some of the failures experienced. FTA is seen as crucial in linking strategy and operations with a long-term vision of where a firm sees itself in the future. In this regard, FTA holds the promise to embed critical aspects for jointly shaping common directions to follow across a firm's value chain. These include the notion of stakeholder involvement in decision processes of mutual appreciation and a shared understanding of stakeholders' views as well as of joint experimentation and mutual learning."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The authors conclude by highlighting specific ways in which FTA can be integrated in the PMS proposed."
For more information on this research see: The roles of FTA in improving performance measurement systems to enable alignment between business strategy and operations: Insights from three practical cases. Futures, 2014;59():50-61. Futures can be contacted at:
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy