The ministry in doing so revised the government's 44-year-old strategy that had given priority to domestic production of defense equipment.
"It's important for
The new strategy comes after the government switched to a defense equipment export promotion policy from an effective ban on weapons and related exports earlier this year.
"Defense equipment is a tool for contributing to global and regional peace and stability," the strategy says.
It cites the introduction of advanced foreign technologies and the reduction of development and production costs as advantages of the participation in the international joint development and production of defense equipment.
The strategy seeks to promote ministry cooperation with universities and other research institutes in exploring civilian technologies available for military equipment.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel