MAY has been a month of momentum. Increasing numbers of homeowners convinced that the market is reaching its zenith are selling up, meaning more valuations are converting to instructions.
Contrary to the reports made by some commentators that the market has cooled, Emerging Prime is still busy; new applicant registrations were up on last month and stock levels remained steady at the same level as this time last year.
We continue to receive a high number of offers, although some buyers are trying at lower figures than earlier this year. Sealed bids are becoming less frequent as buyers are taking advantage of the increased choice that has been presented within the last 18 months.
Interestingly, we feel that despite a plateauing of prices, unleveraged central
Previous peaks have been driven by leveraged City buyers who retreated and created a mark to market lowering of prices. These new buyers, many of them foreign, have been buying with cash.
It is very much my hope that levers and implications of action from the Bank of
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid