Liontrust also outlined plans to expand its international presence, as it reported a swing to pretax profit in its last financial year.
In a statement, Liontrust said it made a
The fund manager has benefited from an increase in the funds it manages throughout the year, which grew to
Liontrust tripled its full-year dividend to
"We have continued to broaden our client base and raise our profile over the past year, as shown by
While fund managers have seen the ageing population as an opportunity to grow as people take more responsibility for their planning prior to and after retirement, Ions welcomed the
"We are well positioned to take advantage of this with our strong range of equity income funds, our multi-asset/multi-manager proposition, and our expanding sales in the retail market," Ions said, referring to Liontrust's entry to the multi-asset/multi-manager arena through the acquisition of
"We believe demand for multi-asset and multi-manager will continue to grow from financial advisers and private investors, especially among the post-retirement market following the government's recently announced annuity reforms," Collins said in a statement.
Even so, Ions also outlined plans to expand outside of the
"We see significant opportunities as well for distribution internationally, which until now has only contributed around 5% of our sales. We have been building our
Liontrust shares were Thursday quoted at
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters