Liontrust also outlined plans to expand its international presence, as it reported a swing to pretax profit in its last financial year.
In a statement, Liontrust said it made a
The fund manager has benefited from an increase in the funds it manages throughout the year, which grew to
Liontrust tripled its full-year dividend to
"We have continued to broaden our client base and raise our profile over the past year, as shown by
While fund managers have seen the ageing population as an opportunity to grow as people take more responsibility for their planning prior to and after retirement, Ions welcomed the
"We are well positioned to take advantage of this with our strong range of equity income funds, our multi-asset/multi-manager proposition, and our expanding sales in the retail market," Ions said, referring to Liontrust's entry to the multi-asset/multi-manager arena through the acquisition of
"We believe demand for multi-asset and multi-manager will continue to grow from financial advisers and private investors, especially among the post-retirement market following the government's recently announced annuity reforms," Collins said in a statement.
Even so, Ions also outlined plans to expand outside of the
"We see significant opportunities as well for distribution internationally, which until now has only contributed around 5% of our sales. We have been building our
Liontrust shares were Thursday quoted at
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits