With the shift from film to digital, a new view of the future of cinematography has emerged. Today’s successful cinematographer must be equal parts artist, technician, and business-person. The cinematographer needs to master the arts of lighting, composition, framing and other aesthetic considerations, as well as the technology of digital cameras, recorders, and workflows, and must know how to choose the right tools (within their budget) to get the job done.
David Stump’s Digital Cinematography: Fundamentals, Tools, Techniques, and Workflows focuses primarily on the tools and technology of the trade, looking at how digital cameras work, the ramifications of choosing one camera versus another, and how those choices help creative cinematographers to tell a story.
This book empowers you to both correctly choose the right camera and workflow for your project from today’s incredibly varied options, as well as understand the ins and outs of implementing those options. Stump sheds a light on the confusing advantages and disadvantages of shooting theatrical features using digital technology and what it can or can’t do.
If you aspire to be a successful cinematographer in this new digital age, or if you already are a working cinematographer in need of a resource to help you stay on top of your game, this is a must-read book.
Praise for the book:
Visit the book page at: http://bit.ly/TTtTDt
For more information please contact:
From our network of offices in
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
http://mb.cision.com/Main/1674/9605279/258905.pdf Press Release
http://news.cision.com/taylor---francis/i/digital-cinematography,c1507324 Digital Cinematography
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya