Our news editors obtained a quote from the research from IFSTTAR, "The article presents the different stages in the development of technological innovation addressing vehicle control loss when driving on a curve. The results observed in speed reduction illustrate that no matter how optimal an innovation may be technologically speaking, it is only as effective as it is acceptable from a user standpoint."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "This acceptability can only be obtained if the technology is developed by engineers in liaison with social science specialists."
For more information on this research see: From technological acceptability to appropriation by users: Methodological steps for device assessment in road safety. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 2014;67():159-165. Accident Analysis and Prevention can be contacted at:
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting S. Bordel, IFSTTAR, F-44344 Bouguenais,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare