The company, which has been admitted to the
Excluding the charges, its profit rose to
"We have performed strongly in both our landfill gas and wind businesses, exporting 2.6 terrawatt hours of renewable power, which has translated into financial results ahead of our expectations," Chief Executive
"Our balanced portfolio of landfill gas and onshore wind assets leaves us well placed to fulfil our dividend commitments and execute our growth plans. We continue to make progress on our wind development pipeline and are on target to deliver incremental capacity of 130-150 megawatts by 2017 as set out in our IPO," he added.
The company said it will pay a final dividend of
It cautioned that wind speeds had been below average in the first quarter of the current financial year, while mild weather and lower gas prices has led to softer wholesale power markets in the near-term
The company's shares were up 0.9% at
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go