The news reporters obtained a quote from the research, "Experimental results show that the proposed technique can effectively enhance the system performance against the limited bandwidth and chirp induced fading effect from direct modulation of RSOA."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The receiver sensitivity is improved by 5 dB at the limit of BER for forward error correction (FEC) code over the 60 km and 85 km fiber transmission without any dispersion compensation module."
For more information on this research see: Enhanced performance for 10 Gb/s long reach RSOA based WDM-PON by using power pre-emphasized OFDM signal. Optik, 2014;125(9):2120-2122. Optik can be contacted at:
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply