Our news editors obtained a quote from the research, "The z-transform method is applied to the equation to obtain the general solution for displacement mode shapes. Applying the second boundary condition to the general solution results in the characteristic equation in which the frequencies are obtained by solving it. The general form of the characteristic equation for eigenfrequencies is presented, and analytical solutions for some special cases are derived. Displacement and drift mode shape functions are obtained."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "All the modal parameters, including modal mass, excitation factor, participation factor, and effective modal mass, are derived using the sum and the sum of the square modal displacements and are presented as closed-form solutions."
For more information on this research see: Application of z-Transform Method for Dynamic Analysis of Periodic Shear Structures.
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married