The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research, "The lipolytic products partition away from the nondigestible lipid, resulting in crystallization of the cubic-phase internal structure. Time-resolved small-angle X-ray scattering revealed the kinetics of the disorder-to-order transition, with cryo-transmission electron microscopy showing an absence of liposomes."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The new approach offers a new 'sideways' method for the generation of lipid-based nanostructured materials that avoids the problems of top-down and bottom-up approaches."
For more information on this research see: Generation of Geometrically Ordered Lipid-Based Liquid-Crystalline Nanoparticles Using Biologically Relevant Enzymatic Processing. Langmuir, 2014;30(19):5373-5377. Langmuir can be contacted at: Amer Chemical Soc,
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include: Clayton, Nanotechnology, Emerging Technologies,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia