The decision puts
But Jeroen Dijsselbloem, the chief of the Eurogroup of eurozone finance ministers, warned Greek Finance Minister
They broadly cover reforms to the tax, labour and healthcare systems; changes to the transport sector; social security reforms; and an opening up of closed professions.
"The money will only flow when the conditions are met," warned Austrian Finance Minister
"I am concerned about the slowing-down of the process of reforms in
But German Finance Minister
Hardouvelis, who was appointed in a government reshuffle last week, has indicated that he will continue the country's austerity path.
Thursday's talks were overshadowed, however, by a debate over relaxing the bloc's economic rules, days after German Economics Minister
He proposed giving states more time to tackle their deficits, in return for reform commitments.
But Schaeuble said the German government thinks "the existing rules have enough flexibility," adding, "It is not necessary to change the rules, but to follow them."
"The rules are the rules - you simply need to find the right rhythm for each of our countries," Sapin suggested ahead of the talks.
Dijsselbloem later said that all ministers had "stressed the importance to stick to the rules as they are now." But he announced that a review would take place at the end of the year into rules granting the commission greater scrutiny of national budgets.
Rehn said that such a review clause is "baked in" to the so-called two-pack and six-pack rules. "We have a good chance of assessing what works and what might be improved in this context," he added.
She made the comments in
"Much higher growth is needed to bring down unemployment and debt," the IMF wrote, adding that economic activity has not yet reached pre-crisis levels and that inflation is "worryingly low."
Lagarde recommended, among other things, that the
"Overall, it holds the potential to have a significant impact on demand and inflation," the IMF said.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor