According to Emefiele, the exercise which placed the size of the Nigerian economy as first in
The central bank governor made this remark in an address presented at an ongoing seminar for financial journalists tagged: "Rebasing of
Emefiele pointed out that rebasing the country's GDP was relevant to building a safe, sound and globally competitive financial system that would propel inclusive growth and development in the economy.
Emefiele, whose speech was read by the Director,
"I also reiterate the pursuit of gradual reduction of interest rates and was unequivocal in my stance against any form of depreciation of the naira, but will ensure exchange rate stability in order to build-up and maintain a healthy external reserves position."
In his presentation titled: "Rebasing/Re-benchmarking of
Kale, who was represented by his Special Assistant on Macroeconomic Statistics, Mr.
The Chief Executive Officer of the
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures