"Strong privacy practices are at the core of all of comScore's operations, and we routinely engage with the broader privacy and legal communities to discuss and implement new best practices," stated
OTA's 2014 Online Trust Honor Roll evaluated leading websites' adoption of security controls and privacy practices, including those advocated by the
"In an online world that is continuously changing, organizations that have demonstrated a pattern of leadership and stewardship of their online properties should be recognized for their commitment to their customers, employees and stockholders," said
Started in 2005 as an effort to drive adoption of best practices, the objectives of the Honor Roll are to 1) recognize leadership and commitment to best practices which aid in the protection of online trust and confidence in online services, 2) Enable businesses to enhance their security, data protection and privacy practices, 3) Move from compliance to stewardship, demonstrating support of meaningful self-regulation, and 4) Promote security & privacy as part of a company's brand promise and value proposition.
Being named to the 2014 Honor Roll is a significant achievement considering the large number of companies that received failing marks for inadequate domain and brand protection, insufficient privacy practices and site security.
To review the full 2014 Honor Roll report, visit: https://otalliance.org/HonorRoll.
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya